Your Best Choice for Representation in Hawaii
Looking for an injury lawyer in the state of Hawaii? You’ve come to the right place. Our experienced lawyers will help you through all the stages of your case. From understanding the laws and regulations regarding the circumstances surrounding your claim, to achieving the maximum amount of compensation possible, you can rely on us to guide you through the process. We work with many of the most common types of claims, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Ridesharing service accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
Do I really need a personal injury lawyer?
Hawaii law does not require you to obtain representation in pursuing a claim for damages due to personal injury. If you choose not to hire an injury lawyer, you will have to represent yourself. This will be no easy task if you do not have extensive knowledge of the various legal and medical issues involved in your case. You will have to deal with insurance companies on your own, and leave your fate in the hands of the claim adjuster they assign to your case.
While they may be good people, claim adjusters do not care about your interests or the pursuit of justice. They care only about maximizing the profits of their corporation. As a result, they will manipulate you into making statements and giving away information that will wind up reducing or even eliminating the amount of compensation you receive. Adjusters have been trained to use psychology to coerce you into settling for a low amount. There is nothing illegal about this. In addition, insurance adjusters often gain bonuses for keeping settlement payouts low. All in all, they have every incentive to pay you less, are skilled in achieving this, and would much rather work with you than with anlawyer because it greatly increases their chances of success.
If you feel comfortable pursuing such a situation, then by all means, go right ahead. If you instead want to maximize your chance of attaining the best combination of justice and damages possible and work with someone who will be on your side, then you will need to hire an injury lawyer.
When an insurance adjuster learns you are working with anlawyer, they will no longer bother you, knowing their efforts will be futile. The amount of time it takes to settle your case may increase when you have anlawyer representing you – because you will likely be receiving a much larger settlement than if you had represented yourself.Lawyers also have specific training with regard to the psychological and persuasive tactics and will counter the efforts of the insurance claims adjuster with ease. The goal of your injury lawyer will always be to increase the recovery of your losses because his or her fee will vary in proportion to the amount he or she recovers for you.
In a perfect world, no one would need lawyers. Everyone would act honestly under all circumstances and insurance companies would offer fair payments for your damages and injuries. You would just submit information about your accident and the rest would take care of itself.
Unfortunately, the world does not work this way. People do not always act honestly, especially in instances where they know they have done something wrong. And as mentioned before, insurance companies are in the business of maximizing profits, and for this reason, their employees are directed to reducing payouts and denying liability whenever possible.
Benefits of an Experienced Injury Lawyer in Hawaii
Anlawyer’s work is referred to as “practice” because each case that he or she works is on-the-job training. Our lawyers are always honing their skills by mediating, arbitrating and trying cases, exchanging ideas with colleagues, and attending continuing legal education courses.
Our experienced injury lawyers can offer you important benefits to help with your claim in Hawaii. In addition to freeing up much of your free time, our lawyers possess:
- Knowledge of the Hawaii system. The insurance claim system in Hawaii is a twisted maze of legalities and regulations. We can enlighten you with regard to these challenges and help you choose the best course of action.
- Perspective about case values. An experienced lawyer will be able to determine the strong and weak points of your case. He or she will also be aware of what similar cases in Hawaii have settled for in the past, giving him or her a realistic guidepost in pursuing your claim.
- Professional detachment. As your hired representative, your lawyer has a professional obligation to serve you well and pursue all options for your case. In addition, if you were to handle your own case, the unsettling nature of the trauma associated with an injury-provoking accident may cause you to make detrimental decisions, even if you do have knowledge of the legal system. A good lawyer will be able to engage in negotiations without taking anything personally.
- Ability to litigate. If you have spent time in a courtroom, you have learned that the court system has its own rules – its own vocabulary and way of doing things. Non-lawyers very rarely do well in court without representation. Even lawyers often hire other lawyers to represent themselves in the event they must appear before a court of law.
In addition to the above, a qualified lawyer in the proper jurisdiction also has the option to go to court in the event negotiations break down, while non-lawyers and out of state lawyers cannot do so.
Keep in mind that in any case, you will have to file your claim before the statue of limitations expires, meaning that you only have a select window of time to file. These laws typically require claims to take place within two (2) years of the date of an injury or accident. In some cases, you only have six (6) months to file.
Therefore, it is vital that you contact one of our experienced Hawaii personal injury lawyers at once.